PEOPLE AT RISK OF SEVERE ILLNESS THIS WINTER
Some people eg pregnant women, will be at increased risk of severe illness from Swine Flu (H1N1 09) this winter More info »
Read NEWS »
- National Centre of Immunisation Research and Surveillance (NCIRS) of Vaccine Preventable Diseases was established at the Children's Hospital at Westmead by the commonwealth Department of Health in August 1997, to carry out research and give independent expert advice about all aspects of diseases which can be prevented by vaccination.
- The chain of protection. 13/08/2010 A web site developed by Professor Robert Booy of the National Centre for Immunisation Research and Surveillance in Sydney. It provides accurate information and guidance on immunisation information.
- Immunise Australia Program provides information on the Australian immunisation program and the Australian Immunisation handbook.
- Centre for Disease Control and Protection (USA) information on Vacines and immunisdation, including understanding vaccines & their purpose
- The National Network for Immunisation Information (USA) provides information on immunisation and vaccine preventable diseases. It has partnerships with The infectious Diseases Society of America, the Paediatric Infectious Disease Society, The American Academy of Paediatrics, The American Nurses Association, The American Academy of Family Physicians, The National Association of Paediatric Nurse Practitioners and The American College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists.
- ABC Radio News in Science Health News 05/07/02 "Immunisation gets bad rap on internet"
The internet has an abundance of websites that are negative towards vaccination and tend to rely on unscientific evidence according to two separate studies published this week.
- ABC Radio Health Minutes 05/07/02 "Anti-immunisation websites"
A group at the University of Sydney has had a long-standing interest in the activities of the anti-immunisation movement. So the researchers decided to see what the Net had to offer.
- ABC Radio The Health Report 05/07/02 "Vaccination Information on the Web"
A group from Sydney University has found that there is elaborate anti vaccination material on the internet.
- World Health Organisation - Vaccine Safety 08/07/02
This information geared to answering parents' questions about immunisation and also offers brief explanations for commonly held misconceptions about the value and safety of vaccination.
- British Medical Journal 08/07/02 Finnish study confirms safety of MMR vaccine
- Pediatrics 08/07/02 "Childhood vaccine risk/benefit communication in private practice office settings: a national survey"
- British Medical Journal 08/07/02
Measles, mumps, and rubella vaccination and bowel problems or developmental regression in children with autism: population study
- Immunization Action Coalition 12/07/02
The mission of the Immunization Action Coalition, a nonprofit organization, is to boost immunization rates and prevent disease.
- Immunization Action Coalition: Stories 12/07/02
- Immunization Action Coalition publishes the stories of people who have suffered or died from vaccine-preventable diseases.
Meningitis & meningococcal septicaemia symptom chart
- Meningitis Foundation of America 18/09/02
MUSA aims to help support sufferers of spinal meningitis and their families; provide information to educate the public and medical professionals about meningitis so that its early diagnosis and treatment will save lives; and help support the development of vaccines and other means of treating and/or preventing meningitis.
- Catch up Vaccination Schedule Calculator 23/11/06
Catch up Vaccination Schedule Calculator
- Health Insite - Immunisation & Vaccine Preventable Diseases 14/11/02
HealthInsite topic page linking to resources on immunisation, a variety of vaccine-preventable diseases and their symptoms.
- ABC - Hot Shots 30/10/03
A user's guide to immunisation - history of immunisation and more.
- WHO - vaccines, immunization and biologicals 30/10/03
The World Health Organization's 'Vaccines, immunization and biologicals' pages give detailed international information about immunisation.
- National Health and Medical Research Council 30/10/03
- WHO 26/05/04 Archive by disease
- Baby 411 Blog 12/11/07
The New McCarthyism: Vaccines & Autism by Dr Ari Brown
Page last updated: 30 Aug 2010
© 2007 - 2009 www.vaccination.org.au